Tuesday, March 6, 2007

MySpace + MadSkillz in MS PAINT = VALIDATION (thanks www.icanhascheezburger.com!)


As you probably know from reading my last post, I have a myspace page now, and I need new cool friends. So I was browsing around myspace and stumbled on this page that had all kinds of cat pictures with absurd comments like "NO MOAR LAND BEFORE TIME SEKWELZ!" and I fell in love, so I had to draw something since I don't have a cat [ed.-but Holly does...hmmm...I must call her]. So....

I drawed that in MS PAINT. Took me a whole three minutes, or so. Just swish swish swish of the brush, fill paint bucket with different shades of gray, and add last minute text, and I was done. Then I uploades it to imageshack and put it in a comment for Happycat thanking him for the add on myspace.

And now if you go to his website and click on the About ichc link you will see my picture on the top! That's so cool! I'm part of an Internet phenomenon with my crappy drawing.

But the image is perfect for the site. Perfect for Tim and Eric, too...if they ever incorporated terribly awful MS Paint drawings in their show. So it just goes to show I need to get up off my fat ass and put my work out there in the right avenues for people to appreciate it. I know if I just went up to someone on the street and showed them my lame Happycat drawing, they wouldn't know if I was joking or serious, and would probably back away from me slowly. But here on the Internet, we know irony. We know when something is "soo koooll!!1!!" that it needs to remembered forever on some server's hard drive for all to see and make laugh.

No comments: