Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Happy World Beer Tour Day at Old Chicago / I shamrock Guiness


There was this leprechaun...

Then some guy bummed some cigarettes off my sister in exchange for a few tickets for some drawing.

Then this leprechaun gave me a beer coozie. Then he read off some numbers and some people won t-shirts.

Then I said to Holly I need her permission to write about her as an "Army wife." Then I took a picture for my blog.

Then when Chet, Holly's husband called, I pretended to have a winning ticket and ran up to the leprechaun to get my t-shirt. I wanted one so bad.

This was a lesson to Holly and me. A time to grow. A time to be "hard." Earn our dues. There were only 15-20 people in the bar that night and the leprechaun's box said "qty 200." I did the math. The only way I was going to get a t-shirt was by faking it. By pretending to have the winning ticket.


And so it happened. The great t-shirt caper of 2007.

aye, this be all for now...I will update later with more once the mighty guiness wears offfff.............

Tid bit too much a the wee beer....but it's all good. I'm only 27. Keepin' it real.

I will get to the story of tonight at old chicago: "It ain't easy being an army wife"...about Holly being married to Chet who served in Iraq...but not right now.

Peace.

(y'all know what satire is doncha? it ain't an isle in Ireland, letmetellya laddy)
oh, and hey, i really totally stole that t-shirt!! (i'm so hard right now)


| View Show | Create Your Own
<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/example/sample.mp3" loop="false">


No comments: