Monday, February 12, 2007

Wait...Milios AND Pizza Hut for Dinner?


Wow, I really screwed up today. I'm realizing now I have absolutely no time perception. I used to be able to tell time just by turning on the tv and seeing what show was on, but not any more. I was so feverish from hunger that I couldn't tell it had only been twenty minutes since I submitted my sandwich order to Milios.com so I went ahead and ordered a pizza from PizzaHut.com as well.

And not fifteen minutes after I ordered the pizza, I heard a knock on the door. "Can they cook and deliver a pizza that fast," I remember thinking as I opened the door and saw the Milio's delivery guy. Oh shit. The money on the couch was for the pizza, not the sandwich, but I was so shocked at seeing the sandwich guy I couldn't remember how much money I was holding in my hand at this point. I had to quickly shuffle the bills around: "five-ten-eleven-twelve-thirteen...ok, just take out one five...that'll be eight, yeah, that's still a decent tip...whew, that was lucky; glad I didn't have to ask him for change," I thought. The man shook his head, and grudgingly accepted my tip. "Damn, thought I was gonna get an awesome tip," he probably thought.

I shut the door and looked at the clock. 5:37. Ok, if I ordered at 4:54 then that's about forty minutes or so for a lousy sandwich. I was pissed off. Not so much at Milio's, but at myself for not waiting long enough. Now I still had a pizza coming, and it was definitely too late to call and cancel. And now I had to ask for change from the pizza gal because Milio's had FUBARed my money situation. I had three twenties and a one. And the bill was $10.75. Thirteen dollars was a decent tip, I figured. I'd give fourteen but that seems so close to fifteen, I always think the delivery guys are thinking, man just give me the extra buck. It's almost as bad as tipping $19.75 instead of just a twenty. But now I was screwed. "Lemme see...20 minus 13 is 7, so I ask for seven dollars back. I hate to do that, but oh well. It's not my fault Milio's took so long," I think as I hand her the twenty and ask for change.

So in the end I paid $21 for half sandwich and two pieces of pizza for dinner. But I guess this way I'll have leftovers for the next few days, and when I eat that last piece of pizza two days from now, I'll be reminded of the value of patience and not ordering online when you haven't eaten all day.

Peace out.

No comments: